Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Joseph P. Ohler and Johanan Raatz Reporting for Duty Sir"



Those are the words I imagine I would have heard if I were Joe Ohler and Johanan Raatz's commanding officer in the UWM Army Corps of Government. It seems Ohler and Raatz are as great of citizens as I believed and are now collecting signatures for the Presidency/Vice Presidency of the Student Association.

I have to admit a little disappointment that Ohler didn't go it alone as I had hoped, but hey, at least he'll have a hippie-confusing ally in Raatz. With the elimination of parties in the student government, the legions of Ohlerites will have to run on their own, but don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of direction (see UWM Post Editorial Section only if it has the name "Raatz" involved). If Johanan Raatz's editorials are any hint of what we'll see in the 2009-2012* term of Ohler/Raatz, then in no time we'll see:

- Faith based leadership
- Elimination of VOX for their hippy opposition
- Straight Jive that we can all appreciate

In addition, some of the initiatives future President Ohler is pushing:
- Free food!
- Everyone has to "Friend Request" Joe Ohler on Facebook or risk suspension
- Bylaw amendment to UPB elminating that pesky "cohabitation" clause (you're welcome Russell Scott)

If that little list doesn't get you all riled up for this coming election season, I don't know what will.

RH Out!

* Note the three year administration which insiders say will be Team Ohler/Raatz's first executive decision to bring much needed stability to the student government.

1 comment:

SenatorJPO said...

As you may know (depending on how tongue-in-cheek you are writing), the IEC Bylaws require that every presidential candidate have a corresponding VP candidate. I believe I am making an optimal choice in Johanan, and our dissemination of ideas has only begun!